It is the season where peaches are at their best! And as I love to eat them whole, I often… Almost always end up having some left as they are ripe and becoming a little too ripe. That’s why I am always on the search for extra recipes to include peaches in order to avoid wasting them.
This time, I decided to use them in a wonderful summer salad! And it turned out delicious.
- 4 cups of fresh spinach
- 3 peaches
- 3 corn on the cob
- 1 red onion
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- 6 Tsp sunflower seeds
- Feta cheese
For the dressing:
- 5 Tsp lemon juice
- 3 Tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp honey
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp dried basilic leaves (or fresh if you have them on hand)
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Bring water to boil in a pot. Once boiling, add the corn on the cob and bring to boil again. Once it reaches boiling level, lower the heat and let the corn simmer 6 to 8 minutes. Then, place the corn in cold water to cool.
- Place the spinach in a salad bowl.
- Cut the peach in quarters and remove the skin. Then, slice each quarter in slices. Since I don’t like to have too big pieces in my salad, I cut the slices in the middle. Add to the salad.
- Cut thin slices of the red onions and add to the salad.
- Take the corn from the water and cut along the cob and place the corn with the other ingredients.
- Chop the garlic and add to the rest.
- Add the sunflower seeds.
- Add Feta cheese, in small dice.
- Mix all the ingredients for the dressing, pour on the salad and mix.
- Serve immediately.
Enjoy! I really enjoyed mine 🙂